Personal diary, news + photo inspirations from the Sugar + Style team.
. .
. .

Monday 9 September 2013

What we've been up to...

These last few months have been a bit of a whirlwind for me...I had so many exciting things happening at once that I literally didn't have any time to sit down and blog!!  But now things have settled and I've found myself with an unusual morning off so I can re-cap on what's been going on...

It all started this time last year, my brand was featured in Grazia and then in Vogue and the website went crazy with orders.  To a big high street brand it would have been a normal day to them, but for a smaller start up it had me working all day and night for a week trying to catch up with the demand! 

Shortly after I took part in Clothes Show Live which is a huge 5 day shopping event in Birmingham, the show was amazing for us and our clothing collection pretty much sold out before the end of the event...it was a manic 5 day event and took me about a week to recover! 



It was then announced that we had won a 6 week pop up shop in Boxpark Shoreditch...it was an amazing opportunity and I took on my first member of staff Sophie, who had interned with the company back in November.  We opened our first little pop up shop in Feb...it went so well that we extended our stay for a further 3 months.



In June, I decided to go for a re-brand, the name China Doll Boutique was very personal to me and had been an off-spring of a beauty blog I ran for 3 years, but I decided that it was a good time for a change.  fter a few weeks of deliberation we went for the name Sugar + Style.  The re-brand came with a shiny new look website, a new collection and a wave of press features.



We moved out of Boxpark at the end of June and opened a little pop up shop on Brick Lane. It was a sweet little space but the timing was just not right, I was going through a few personal issues and slacking on energy - a fresh start was much needed.  We moved out of the pop up shop and into a new office space and had a new drive to focus our energies online. 


Now we're September and our little team of Me + Sophie has extended...



We're welcoming Isabel our amazing graphic designer, she interned with us in August but it soon became clear we would be lost without here...and Elizabeth, who's taken up the starring role as our in house model, but she's not just a pretty face, she's our super savvy seventeen year old social media assistant who runs her own fashion blog too!

Well I think that's it for now...keep tuned for more updates - I have a full team now so updates *should* be more frequent ;-)

Nhuc x

No comments:

Post a Comment