Personal diary, news + photo inspirations from the Sugar + Style team.
. .
. .

Wednesday 25 September 2013

BLOGGER INTERVIEW

KAYLA HADLINGTON
BLOGGER INTERVIEW


Kayla Hadlington - Sugar + Style blogger of the week

Name - Kayla Hadlington

Agec - 20

City - London

Job/study?
Fashion Design Womenswear student at London College of Fashion and Fashion Blogger

What made you start blogging?
I'm not really sure, I joined lookbook.nu because I thought it was the next big thing after myspace and I noticed everyone on there had a blog so I started one too!

Who is your ideal reader and why?
Someone who continues to visit my blog because they're genuinely interested in whatever my blog has to offer!

What is it about fashion that interests you?
I love being to express myself through fashion and I also like getting to know other peoples fashion choices. Going shopping with other people is really fun as you get to understand their thoughts behind what they're buying- When I shop on my own I always have to send my friends photos of things that I know they would love! The process of design is also really interesting. Its one thing to see a show but once you understand the design process and research behind it, it gives the collection a whole new meaning and you appreciate it more. 

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
I'm not really a fan-girl type of person, but it would have to be either Vivienne Westwood, Marilyn Manson or Warren Buffet. I'd want to meet Vivienne because she reminds me of my grandma and I really love unusual pattern cutting in her collections. I'm not quite sure why I would want to meet Manson, Marilyn Manson is my favourite band and I just think he would be really interesting to meet because of his entire view on life. I'd love to meet Warren Buffett as he is super inspirational! Lots of people call me cheap for shopping in charity shops but Warren makes me feel good about my money saving life choices, being frugal isn't bad! 

If you could design a perfect outfit, what would it be?
Honestly I don't know, when I think of design I think of something which takes weeks to turn into something wearable. However when I think of what I really want to wear- I'd love some leggings with a mid-length ripped denim shirt with a corset over the top and cropped vintage jacket and vintage-style brogues! (I actually wear this outfit pretty often but as a different version each time, its getting a bit old now but I still love it)

No comments:

Post a Comment